How Commercial Landscapers Near Me Can Increase Curb Appeal
Commercial landscaping isn’t just an eye-pleasing patch of grass or a few bushes your customers walk past on their way to the parking lot. Of course, your business landscaping can include grass or bushes, but it can also be so much more! Here at Landscape Solutions & Design Inc., we have experience creating functional outdoor spaces to enhance your business. Let’s take a look at how hiring commercial landscapers near me can help you create and maintain the perfect outdoor space for your business.
Commercial Landscaping Maintenance Services
First and foremost, if you love your existing landscaping, we can help you maintain it. All the extra outdoor work doesn’t have to take time away from your business. We recommend a year-round contract so you can “set it and forget it.” Here are some of the services we can provide:
- Aeration and Seeding
- Trimming bushes, shrubs, and trees
- Planting and maintaining flower beds
- Snow/ice removal
- Removing leaves, dead plants, and debris
We can also maintain your exterior hardscapes by inspecting, repairing, and replacing stones and bricks as needed. If you have planters, walkways, retaining walls, outdoor seating, water fountains, or other outdoor features, we can provide maintenance for them as part of our annual contract.
Yes, we provide residential services as well. After we complete the work at your business, we can head over to your home to ensure it looks just as beautiful. We have residential service packages to fit every budget.
Making Your Landscape Safe
While we want your outdoor areas to be functional and beautiful, proper landscape design also ensures the area is safe. The last thing you want is a customer or employee to fall on your property. We can help you create a safer outdoor environment.
To start, we’ll do a complete assessment to determine the biggest areas of concern. Maybe your current landscaping simply needs a bit of tweaking. Or maybe you need landscape design from scratch. Either way, we’ll present your options and give you a free quote.
Here are some of the ways in which we can make your landscape safer:
- Removing dead or dying plants, especially large trees that are at risk of falling
- Adding lighting so walkways, parking lots, and vestibules are well-lit after the sun goes down
- Creating retaining walls and features to guide water away from walkways and parking lots
- Reducing sidewalk obstacles, like overgrown shrubs and low-handing tree limbs
- Correcting irrigation issues, such as water that is spraying onto places where people walk or park
- Filling holes or depressions that are hiding in the grass to prevent tripping
- Adding lighting along pathways and in parking lots
Keeping your outdoor spaces safe is the number one goal of our landscaping service. You’ll have peace of mind that your customers and employees won’t hurt themselves due to poor maintenance.
Adding Hardscapes to Your Commercial Landscape
Hardscapes are essentially the hard, man-made surfaces that are part of your outdoor space. Many people tend to think of their landscaping as grass, bushes, and trees. However, hardscapes are an important part of functional design as well. We can create hardscapes that make sense for your business.
One feature that could improve your landscape drastically is a retaining wall. Perhaps when the builders originally graded the property, they didn’t ensure that it was perfectly flat. So, there may be areas where loose soil erodes and washes onto walkways or parking areas. A retaining wall can fix this problem.
Materials for creating retaining walls include wood, stone, brick, or concrete. In addition to being functional, they can also be quite beautiful. We have a variety of options to fit any budget.
We can also create additional walkways leading to your business. Look at your current landscaping. Are there areas where people have worn down a path in the grass from walking to and from your entrance? These are often called “desire paths” or “social trails” and they indicate where it would be a good idea to add an actual path using pavers, stones, bricks, or other walkway material.
Large stone or brick planters are another attractive hardscape feature. These work well if a traditional flower bed won’t work in a certain location. These planters can be functional as well, since they serve as the perfect place to add a small bench, trash can, or even sign.
Hiring Commercial Landscapers Near Me for Outdoor Seating
Another common hardscape that businesses love to add is an outdoor seating area. This type of hardscape deserves its own section, since there are so many different options available!
Start by considering who will use the outdoor seating and how. Outdoor seating for a restaurant will be very different from outdoor seating for a hair salon. Here are a few ways in which people might use your outdoor seating:
- Employees use outdoor seating to take a break when the weather is nice, especially if there isn’t a large break room inside.
- If you serve food or drinks, people will use the outdoor seating as an option for enjoying their meal.
- Outdoor seating can provide a place for customers to wait if you currently limit the number of people inside your business due to health restrictions.
- If your business isn’t super child-friendly, one parent might wait outside with the kids while the other parent shops or has an appointment inside.
- Outdoor seating provides a place for people to wait for their friends or family, if they are arriving to your business separately.
You can go big with your outdoor seating or you can provide a few simple benches. Either way, this is a hardscape option you shouldn’t ignore. Almost every business can benefit from some outdoor seating. We have several paver options to fit with any kind of seating area you have in mind.
Create a Beautiful Outdoor Kitchen
If you want to make a big impact with your landscaping, we recommend an outdoor kitchen. These are a great addition to any restaurant, but also make sense at other businesses. How can you can use an outdoor kitchen at your business:
- Host employee and customer appreciation cookouts.
- Rent the space for small or large gatherings, depending on the size of the space.
- Have live music on the weekends to promote visiting your business.
The sky really is the limit. You won’t realize how handy it is to have an outdoor kitchen until you have it.
Keep in mind that you can go big or small with your outdoor kitchen. Our landscaping company can create a gourmet kitchen complete with outdoor pizza oven, built-in grills, seating, sinks, and more. Or, you can keep things simple and have a patio or deck installed with a few countertops and space for a grill you already own.
Proper Signage, Lighting and Branding for Your Business
When people drive up to your property or see it from the road, can they quickly identify your business? Do they get a strong sense of what you sell or what services you provide? Can they quickly see if you are open?
Proper commercial design will include signage that clearly displays your business name. You should be able to see this from the road. Landscape maintenance can help ensure that all signs are visible.
During the spring and summer months, we’ll ensure that no trees or bushes obstruct your signs. We use best practices when pruning to ensure that the trees or other plants are not damaged. Improper pruning can actually kill the plant or cause it to grow in ways that are not ideal.
We can also include lighting installation as part of your landscape architecture. Proper lighting is not just for safety. It can also help people see your business sign, even when driving past at night. You paid good money for that sign; people should be able to see it! We have options for solar lights, manual lights, lights on timers, and more.
Water Features for your Commercial Landscape
Adding a water feature to your outdoor space has several benefits. Here are a few reasons you should consider a water feature:
- Add value to the property – Most water features will increase your property value, so it is a great investment for both commercial and residential properties.
- Lower water costs – Yes, adding a water feature can actually lower your water costs overall. After all, you don’t need to water your fountain or pond like you do with grass. It depends on the water feature, so if this is something that is important to you, make sure to mention it to our team.
- Enhance the beauty of your landscape – A gorgeous water feature will keep customers on the property longer, which means they will also typically spend more money.
A water feature is a landscaping project that takes a little longer to design and install. However, our team has experience installing water features without impacting your customers. A landscape designer will work with you to choose the perfect water feature. Then, we’ll begin construction in the least intrusive way possible.
Weekly Lawn Maintenance When You Need It Most
We’ve been mentioning larger projects for your business’ exterior, but what if your needs are simpler? Can we provide easy weekly lawn maintenance?
The answer, of course, is a resounding yes! We can help with weed control, mulching, debris removal, fertilization, and aeration too! However, if you simply need someone to mow your lawn every week, we’ve got you covered. We show up on time every time, so you never have to worry that your property is starting to look shaggy and overgrown. We’ll also edge around any sidewalks or other hardscapes to give you the perfect, clean finish.
We can also set you up with a weekly lawn service and then add on special services as needed. For example, we might come to your business to mow every week, but also provide leaf removal 2-3 weeks out of the year, as needed. It’s easy to customize your lawn care plan when you work with our team.
Customize Your Landscaping and Lawn Care Service Today!
Whether you have a large custom landscape project in mind or simply need to set up weekly lawn care service, the Landscape Solutions & Design Inc. team is ready to help you. We can promise:
- An experienced team with certifications and licenses will take on your job. We do not farm the work out to third parties who won’t do quality work.
- Our owner has a perfectionist mindset. He oversees all jobs and we do our best to exceed expectations with every project. (Learn more about Kostas here!)
- Fair and transparent pricing. We don’t start a job until you have an understanding of the exact cost.
- Clear communication is our goal every step of the way. We never want you to wonder what is going on with your project. Unlike some commercial landscapers, we show up on time and stay in touch if there are weather delays.
- We’ll always take steps to ensure that our work doesn’t disrupt your business. In other words, whenever possible we ensure that our work doesn’t get in the way of your work.
Never choose a commercial landscaping company that can’t make these promises to you! We serve the entire Triad area, as well as Raleigh, Charlotte, Lake Norman, Southern Pines and beyond and would love to work with you as well. To begin, just fill out the form above to request a free quote.