Searching for Patio Companies Near Me?
Most homeowners first think about adding a patio or other outdoor living space for functional reasons. Simply put, you probably want a backyard space you can enjoy. However, there is another hidden benefit to adding a patio or other type of backyard space. If you work with professional patio companies near me, you can not only enjoy your backyard more, but you can also increase your home’s value.
Why Increasing Your Home Value Matters
Increasing your home’s value can have several benefits. Whether you are interested in selling your home in the near future or plan to stay there for decades to come, there are many reasons why adding a patio just makes financial sense.
- When you sell your home, you can ask for a higher price. One estimate suggests that a patio can add 8-12% to your home’s value. Homeowners see an estimated 70-80% return on investment, but this number can be higher if you make smart choice with your patio design.
- Many home buyers are looking for a finished outdoor living space. So, not only could you sell your home for a higher price, but having a patio can also help you sell your home more quickly.
- Since having a patio increases your home value, you’ll have more equity. This means you can apply for a higher home equity loan or line of credit if you ever need one.
- If you were required to purchase private mortgage insurance when you bought your home, increasing your equity can help you reach the required 80% loan-to-value ratio more quickly.
Of course, remember that you also get the benefit of using your new patio! This can mean you entertain more or just spend more time at home as a family, rather than spending money for a party space or going out to eat as often as you do now.
How to Ensure Your Patio is a Good Return on Investment
If you want your new patio to be a good return on investment, it’s important to keep a few things in mind when choosing features, materials, size, and more. Here at Landscape Solutions & Design Inc., we walk you through all your options so you can make the best choice for your home. There’s no single solution for all homeowners. Here are a few of our best tips:
- Avoid taking up too much of your yard, especially if you plan to sell soon. Yes, home buyers love patios, but they also love yard space for pets, kids, gardening, etc. You want your new patio to be a proportional size to your yard.
- Match your patio to your home’s style. We can help design the perfect patio that looks like it was built with your home using options such as brick, pavers, stamped concrete, and other materials.
- Consider adding a fire pit if you have the space. Not only are fire pits great for conversation and relaxing, but they are a relatively inexpensive way to boost the return on investment of your patio.
- Check out neighborhood home values when deciding your patio budget. A good rule is to keep your home value within 20% of the most expensive homes in your neighborhood. Otherwise, you may find it hard to find a buyer when you’re ready to sell.
- Maximize your return on investment buy covering all or some of your patio. This makes the space usable during more days of the year, since it provides both shade and protection from the rain.
Love Your Space!
At the end of the day, you have to love your new outdoor living space. While you should make smart decisions about any building project in terms of your budget and the features you choose, it’s most important that you are happy with the finish product. After all, what good is a patio that you never want to use?
Hiring the Best Patio Companies Near Me
As you research your new patio project, you might find it overwhelming to sift through the patio contractor options. How can you ensure you find the best builders for the job when there are so many patio companies near me?
First, we always recommend that you go with a licensed, insured company. Here at Landscape Solutions & Design, we are happy to provide our business information. This gives you peace of mind that your new patio will be installed correctly.
We also recommend that you ask to see previous work. Any patio builder worth hiring will have a project portfolio to show you. Look at projects that are similar to what you want, and don’t be afraid to also ask for reviews. Many builders have even installed commercial patios at businesses such as restaurants, which means you can visit to see their work firsthand.
Lastly, avoid working with companies that won’t answer your questions or seem annoyed when you have them. We love your questions and hope you ask as many as possible. You should ask patio contractors questions about the entire design and building process.
FAQs About Patio Design and Construction
We take pride in working closely with customers to ensure you get the exact patio design you want. Some patio companies near me in North Carolina simply offer a few basic designs. However, we customize each patio to perfectly fit your needs. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have about building your new patio. Here are a few common questions we hear as a start:
How big should my patio be?
The best size for a patio depends on the size of your backyard. Additionally, it depends on how you intend to use the patio, as well as your budget. We’ll help you decide how big your patio should be.
What is the best location for my patio?
Most people put their patio in their backyard, directly attached to their house. However, your patio could wrap around your home or be “floating” in the middle of your yard with a paved walkway leading to it.
How can I learn more about building a patio?
Contact us now to set up a free consultation. We’d love to meet with you to learn more about your patio needs and tell you more about what it’s like to work with our company.