Become Inspired By a Range of Hardscaping Possibilities
Whether you’re designing a new landscape from scratch or looking for ways to renovate an existing layout, it’s important to get creative and think about all the ways you can really enhance the curb appeal of your property. This means implementing a healthy balance between natural and hardscaping details. Installing hardscapes is not a concept that is new to landscaping, but it is once again becoming a popular way for property owners to add beauty and function to their outdoor spaces. These features also add to the resale value.
What is Hardscaping?
Before you can decide if hardscaping is a good investment for your property, you must have a good understanding of what it is. While landscaping refers to all the living elements of your landscape, hardscapes are the man-made features that may be incorporated into the design of an outdoor space. These elements are typically constructed using concrete, stone, wood, and rock materials. They can serve both practical and aesthetic purposes, giving a yard greater depth and breaking up uniform exterior areas. There is a great variety of hardscape options to choose from, with some of the most common being patios, retaining walls, and sidewalks.
Benefits of Hardscaping
When it comes to landscaping, many people think long and hard about planting lush grass, growing vibrant flowers, and placing trees in just the right places, but they fail to recognize the significance of hardscaping. The most comfortable and attractively designed outdoor environments create harmony with hard and natural landscaping. Incorporating hardscapes into your property’s exterior layout will provide the following benefits:
- Increase property value: When done correctly, hardscaping can boost your property’s curb appeal substantially. In turn, this will raise its value and yield a nice return on your investment.
- Allow year-round usability: Some hardscapes, such as decks, outdoor kitchens, and fire pits, are designed to expand living environments and will allow you to enjoy your outdoor space no matter the time of year. In addition, they offer the perfect spot to entertain guests whenever you host a gathering.
- Fix problems with grading: If your property is uneven or has issues with sloping, building a retaining wall or installing stone stairs can help to even out the land and prevent soil erosion.
- Decrease maintenance responsibilities: Installing hardscapes means there will be less natural areas that need your attention. This will reduce the amount of time you have to spend maintaining your landscape.
- Provide privacy and relief from the weather: Walls and fencing are great for keeping nosy neighbors and trespassers from being able to see inside your yard. Furthermore, structures like covered patios and pergolas will provide shade from the sun and shelter from rain.
Hardscaping Services From Landscape Solutions & Design
Our contractors at Landscape Solutions & Design are qualified to install a wide range of hardscape features on both residential and commercial properties. We specialize in paver installations for driveways, walkways, and patios, retaining walls, fire pits and fireplaces, outdoor kitchens and grills, and a selection of water elements. We will work with you to customize any hardscape design you envision, to ensure it is suitable for your needs, taste, and budget.