Get Ready for Warmer Weather with Mulch Delivery Near Me
As the weather gets warmer, it’s time to start thinking about getting your property ready for spring and summer. At Landscape Solutions & Design Inc., we provide complete outdoor maintenance, including mulch delivery near me in the North Carolina Triad area for both residential and business properties. Let us help you take care of mulching and those other pesky spring maintenance tasks so you can enjoy everything your outdoor living space has to offer.
Mulch Types 101: What You Need to Know Before Ordering Mulch Delivery Near Me
Mulch has a number of benefits including water conservation, weed control, and improving the soil. Of course, it also looks great! Mulch is an inexpensive way to make your beds look fresh. However, not all mulches are made equally.
There are several types of mulch. In most cases, we recommend organic materials. These types of mulch are made with bark, grass, leaves, and other natural materials. They come in several colors, so you can choose the look you want for your home or business. Additionally, you could choose a compost-based organic mulch which has the added benefit of promoting flower and shrubbery growth.
Another option is to use stone as a mulch material. Most people immediately think of a bark-live mulch, but stone can look great in some landscapes, especially for commercial landscapes. This material is great for suppressing weeds and providing water and temperature control for the soil. Unlike organic mulches, it does not decompose, so you also have less work to do each spring.
Lastly, we can use a plastic or rubber based mulch for your landscape. Plastic is typically best for large agricultural areas, but rubber has more widespread appeal. Like stone, it doesn’t decompose quickly, but it has a springy texture that makes it perfect around children’s play equipment and walkways.
Choosing the Best Mulch for Your Landscape
With so many mulch options, how do you know which is the best mulch for your landscape? We have innovative software that can show you what your mulch will look like in your new landscape to help you decide. Here are a few things to consider:
- Do you want a certain color or texture for your mulch?
- Is soil temperature important to what you’re growing?
- Do you need water flow control?
- Will children be playing on/near the mulch?
- How will the mulch look with your outdoor lighting?
- What kinds of plants will you be growing, and do they need extra nutrients in the soil?
- How much maintenance are you willing to do?
If you still aren’t sure which types of mulch will work best for you, don’t worry. We’re happy to walk you through your options. We have a true passion for landscape design and would love to help ensure the outside of your home or business looks its best during the entire year.
Mulch Maintenance Tips
Once you’ve ordered your mulch delivery near me, you’ll have to spread it evenly in your beds. Most mulch companies simply unload bags at your house or even dump an entire unbagged pile of mulch on your lawn. However, when you hire our team, we talk care of this work for you.
Mulch does help prevent some maintenance for your property, since it can be an effective weed blocker. However, you will need a bit of maintenance for the mulch itself. Here’s what we recommend:
- Remove weeds as soon as you see them, before they begin to spread. We can do this for you with our maintenance packages if you don’t love to spend time working outside.
- After a large rainstorm, survey your beds and use a rake or shovel to even out the mulch if it was displaced. Again, this is something our maintenance team can do for you. Or, if your landscape is really suffering after a storm, call us for a one-time visit to make sure your property is cleaned up and looking great.
- If your mulch starts to get compacted, use a rake to loosen it a bit and spread it evenly across your beds. This can also help prevent mold.
- Remove old mulch if it is no longer serving you. Some mulch decomposes and enriches the soil, but other mulch can actually hurt your plants and should be removed and replaced every few years. If you aren’t sure, we can let you know if you need mulch removal.
The great thing about mulch is that you have options if you want to do as little maintenance as possible. Most mulch does need replacement or replenishment at least once per year, but some such as rubber and stone can last longer with very little maintenance.
FAQs About Our Landscape Maintenance Services
We realize that you’re searching for mulch delivery near me but mulching isn’t the only type of landscape maintenance we do. We are a full-service lawn care company who can handle everything from winter snow removal to building retaining walls. Check out some of our recent projects on Instagram and Facebook!
We’ve love to speak with you about your specific landscaping needs, but here are a few frequently asked questions to help you get started:
How much mulch do I need?
Mulch is typically sold by the cubic foot. How much you’ll need depends largely on how deep you want your mulch to be. We recommend a depth of 2-4 inches depending on the type of mulch you choose. When you hire our team, we’ll calculate how much mulch you need and give you a price quote so you don’t have to figure it out.
What other spring and summer maintenance do I need?
To keep your home or business looking great, we recommend a full clean-up of the property to remove any leaves, branches, or dead plants. Then, you’ll want to have professionals like us inspect your outdoor hardscapes such as patios, as well as any features such as fire pits to ensure there was no damage during the winter. We’ll remove any debris and then can get started planting annual plants (which die each year) and checking on any perennial plants (which come back each year) to see if they are in good health.
Click here to learn more about our services and set up a free consultation. We’d love to talk to you more about how we can help you keep your property beautiful all year long.